Saturday, December 4, 2010

Different People Receive Different Treatment

Let's talk about being two-or-more faces today. I believe most of you are the same, you treat each individual differently based on his/her gender, age, position, closeness and etc. A simple example, let's compare the way you treat your teacher, your nephew, your parents, your lover, a stranger and an old friend. All receive different treatment right? That's what i mean. (although there's a possiblity you treat all the same, if that's the case, you are weirdo! Imagine you talk to your parents, "Hey parents, let's hang out" or to your nephew, "Excuse me, may i know the reason you skip the class?")

The examples i mentioned just now was a bit general. In fact, between friends, I still treat them differently based on closeness, gender, age, position and their personality. For example, towards some friends, i do not crap in front of them. I could be very gentleman in front of a person and very 'jin gak' (evil) to others. And sometimes, i will be extremely cold towards a person and i dont even know why.

I personally think the multiple behavior/treatment characteristic is okay although some people say i'm fake. But who cares, in order to be good in socializing, you gotta 'customized' urself (treatment) to different people. Don't they learn marketing? We gotta customize the product/service to suit each customer needs. lol. However, there is this one particular problem when having multi-faced. I seriously do not know how to handle, when there are two different 'treatment' groups i have to face at the same time. I face difficulties in choosing which treatment to use or how to 'combine' and find the average of the two different treatments in order to face the 2 different 'treatment' groups. By the way, do you understand what i mean? It seems like my explanation is not really easy to understand. Okay, let me give an example for you. Let's say the way i treat my parents is being less talkative and the way i treat my old friends is i always crap. Imagine, in an occasion, my parent fetch me and my friends to a place (bus station maybe). Then, in the car, i dunno how should i face the situation.. Remain less talkative or keep crapping? Usually in such situation, i will keep quiet, because i do not know how should i handle the situation. Same to this occasion, most of u know that i crap a lot. But sometimes, when you introduce me some new friends, i tend to talk less and become a bit quiet because you and 'new friends' are belong to two different treatment groups. lol. understand what i meant?

Sometimes, i wonder should i reduce the level of 'customization' so that each treatment is different but not so much different. :-/  This will make me easier to handle two different treatment groups. However, the customization level will decrease, which means it will be less effective in dealing with people. A bit dilemma though. And sometimes I also lost my self... as in i dunno what's my real personality. Because i'm friendly and unfriendly, polite and impolite, considerate and inconsiderate towards different people. And i can't say that i'm friendly in a general sense, because i'm only friendly to specific people. I could be very cold to those who i don't intend to mix with. In other words, i do not have a 'major' one side personality that defines me. Sometimes, i try to play some personality tests which everyone says it's accurate. Just to be curious, after i checked my result of the personality that i find it accurate, i will check other personality results of the same personality test too. And usually, i find many many other results are accurate too (coz i have multiple personalities).

Anyway, maybe you didnt think too much. Probably you are similar to me too, just that u didnt realize you have multiple face/personality. ;)

2 comments:

AJ said...

ur blog 最经典的一句 Imagine you talk to your parents, "Hey parents, let's hang out" LMAO

gobn888 said...

ha ha i agree with u...
because thats how i 'deal' with all diff people too =)